Commercialisation & Collaboration
Plant & Food Research works with research organisations and industry partners worldwide to develop new knowledge to inform our breeding programmes.
Industry collaboration is vital in ensuring our research delivers products to satisfy the demands of the global marketplace. We work with our partners to develop cultivars that meet the requirements of producers and consumers and to optimise opportunities to secure proprietary IP, such as Plant Variety Rights and patents.
Scientific collaboration provides our researchers with access to additional knowledge and resources. We collaborate with research organisations worldwide in numerous projects, particularly in the area of plant genomics.
Some of our main scientific collaborators are:
- Institut de Recerca I Technologia Agroalimentàries (IRTA), Spain
- Fundazione Edmund Mach - Istituto Agrarie di San Michele all' Adige (FEM-IASMA), Italy
- Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (INRA), France
- Sichuan Provincial Academy of Natural Resource Sciences (SPANRS), China
- Plant Research International (PRI), the Netherlands
Many of our cultivars are available for licensing. More information is available here.